Status: October 2022
The protection of your personal data is of particular concern to us. We therefore process your data exclusively on the basis of the statutory provisions and inform you in this data protection declaration about our practices to protect your personal rights.
What does the scope include?
This privacy statement is intended to provide information on the nature, scope and purpose of the collection and use of your personal data by Schwabe, Ley & Greiner Gesellschaft m.b.H. (Austria) and Schwabe, Ley und Greiner (Germany) GmbH (together hereinafter referred to as SLG) in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation, the Federal Data Protection Act and the Telemedia Act.
SLG is responsible for the processing of personal data and has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed.
Internet-based data transmissions in particular can have security vulnerabilities, so that absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject is free to transmit personal data to us by alternative means, for example by telephone.
What terms are used?
The following terms are used in our data protection declaration in accordance with the statutory provisions
- Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter "data subject").
- Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data are processed by the controller.
- Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, filing, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Controller or controllers are natural or legal persons, public authorities, bodies or other entities which alone or jointly with others determine the purposes and means of the processing of personal data (in this case SLG).
- Processor means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body that processes personal data on behalf of the Controller.
- Consent shall mean any freely given indication of the data subject's wishes for the specific case in an informed and unambiguous manner in the form of a statement or any other unambiguous affirmative act by which the data subject indicates that he or she consents to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
What personal data is collected?
In the course of our business activities, we collect, use and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Contact information (e-mail, phone number)
- SLG Seminar and event attendance
- Event-relevant personal data (e.g. interest profile)
- Usage data SLG SystemGuid
How is personal data used?
- We use personal data to contact our customers and interested parties in the course of initiating business (in particular by means of sending T-Log, newsletters and mailings as well as customer visits and phone calls).
- We process and transmit personal data as part of our business relationships with customers and suppliers.
- We process all information needed for the organization and implementation of any own events and seminars.
- We collect and evaluate all information that is required in the course of independent or commissioned studies or surveys.
How do we keep personal data up to date and how long do we keep it?
We use various means of contact (for example, telephone) to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
When do we share data with third parties?
From time to time, we may share certain personal information with strategic partners (service providers or other third parties) who work with us to provide our services and products or to comply with a legal requirement.
In the context of events, we also disclose personal data (e.g. interest profile) for legitimate interest to third-party providers participating in the event for marketing purposes and bring together participants and these third-party providers. In each case, we obtain your consent for this.
We require any third-party providers to protect your personal data.
What happens to access data?
We collect data about accesses to our Internet pages and store them as "server log files". The following data is logged in this way:
- Visited website
- Time at the time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you reached the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used
The data collected is only used for statistical evaluations and to improve the Internet pages. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files retrospectively if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
Common browsers offer the setting option to not allow cookies. Note: It is not guaranteed that you will be able to access all functions of our Internet pages without restrictions if you make the appropriate settings.
How do we handle inquiries about our web pages?
If you contact us using the contact options offered, your details will be stored for six months so that they can be used to process and respond to your inquiry. Without your consent, this data will not be disclosed to third parties.
What rights do you have?
As a user, you can request information free of charge about what personal data has been stored about you. Provided that your request does not conflict with a legal obligation to retain data (e.g. data retention), you have a right to have incorrect data corrected and to have your personal data blocked or deleted. If you believe that the processing of your data violates data protection law or your data protection rights have otherwise been violated in some way, you can complain to the supervisory authority. For SLG, this is the data protection authority in Austria.
How to reach us?
You can reach us at the following contact details:
Schwabe, Ley & Greiner Gesellschaft m.b.H.
Phone: +43 585 48 30